Lip Fillers Aftercare
Dermal fillers for the lips have become one of the most sought-after and famous treatments to enhance, beautify and augment the lip area. As with any injectable treatment, there needs to be an element of aftercare in order to maintain exquisite results and minimize the risk of complications and side effects.
- If you have to bruise at the injection site, it may help to apply aloe vera.
- Apply ice to your lips afterward using an ice pack or an ice cube covered in a thin cloth. This will help ease swelling, itching, bruising, and any other pain.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours.
- Stay hydrated. Drinking plenty of water.
- Avoid excess sodium, which may worsen swelling.
- Avoid high temperatures, like steam rooms, saunas, or heated exercise classes for 48 hours after treatment. High heat can make swelling more pronounced.
- Try to sleep with your head elevated on pillows to reduce swelling.
- Avoid makeup on your lips for up to 24 hours after the procedure.